A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the North Carolina A&T Aggies (12-11, 7-2 MEAC) when they take on the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (4-22, 2-9 MEAC) at Corbett Sports Center. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at North Carolina A&T Aggies Betting Odds
In their last game, the Aggies easily got past the Delaware State Hornets, 82-52, while the Hawks lost big to the North Carolina Central Eagles, 78-53.
The Aggies held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.275 (below their season average of 0.423). The Hornets had a free throw rate of 0.183 (below the 0.220 mark opponents have averaged against North Carolina A&T this season). Maryland Eastern Shore, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 16.3). North Carolina A&T was lifted by Amari Hamilton, who put up 27 points. Bryan Urrutia had a good game for Maryland Eastern Shore, recording 10 points and seven assists.
In their first matchup this year, Ibrahim Sylla led the Aggies to a 67-58 win. He registered a double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds. North Carolina A&T’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Maryland Eastern Shore. The Aggies had a rate of 0.347, while the Hawks posted a mark of 0.067.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. North Carolina A&T currently ranks 265th in possessions per game (67.7) and Maryland Eastern Shore is 334th (65.2).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. North Carolina A&T Aggies Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina A&T, ATS Winner – North Carolina A&T, O/U – Under
- North Carolina A&T ranks 85th in assists per game (14.5) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 241st (11.0).
- The Aggies rank 100th in steals per game (6.6) while the Hawks rank 127th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Aggies rank 114th in three pointers allowed per game (21.7) while the Hawks rank 234th (24.8).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (36.8) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 256th (38.0).
- The Hawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.2, down from 17.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 61.0 points per game (9.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (10.4 below their season average).