The No. 4 Wichita State Shockers (25-7) will be 11.5-point favorites in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl when they square off with the No. 13 Marshall Thundering Herd (24-10). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 166 points and it begins at 1:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Wichita State Shockers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Shockers lost a winnable game to the 21st-ranked Houston Cougars, 77-74, while the Thundering Herd won a close one over the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 67-66.
The Thundering Herd had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 15.7) and held the Hilltoppers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.546). Wichita State, on the other hand, held Houston to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 (below their season average of 35.2). Rashard Kelly put together a good outing for Wichita State with 10 points and 12 rebounds. Jon Elmore, meanwhile led the way for Marshall, putting up 27 points and six assists.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Wichita State in this meeting. The Shockers rank 14th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), while Marshall ranks 290th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.7 percent).
Shaquille Morris has been playing at a high level recently for Wichita State, averaging 18.2 points, 8.8 rebounds and 1.4 blocks over the last five games.
Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Wichita State Shockers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Marshall, O/U – Under
- Wichita State ranks ninth in rebounds per game (40.5) while Marshall ranks 303rd in rebounds allowed per game (40.6).
- The Thundering Herd rank 77th in steals per game (6.8) while the Shockers rank 243rd (4.7).
- Marshall averages 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks fifth in the nation. Wichita State ranks 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Shockers rank third in assists per game (18.5) while the Thundering Herd rank 234th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Marshall averages 28.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. Wichita State ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Shockers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 11.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thundering Herd have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average).