The Eastern Kentucky Colonels welcome the Marshall Thundering Herd to McBrayer Arena to commence their seasons. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Marshall Thundering Herd at Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Odds
Following a 24-10 regular season campaign, Marshall went to the tournament as a 13 seed in the tournament last season. They made it to the Second Round, where they fell to the West Virginia Mountaineers. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky failed to make the tournament following an 11-20 regular season campaign.
The Thundering Herd won the lone game between these two teams last season, 91-71. Marshall’s 0.218 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Eastern Kentucky, who had a rate of 0.108.
The Thundering Herd were 24-10 straight up (SU) and 20-12 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Marshall’s 32 games that accepted bets last season, 20 finished over the projected point total.
On the other side, the Colonels were 11-20 SU and 14-13 ATS last season. Vegas had a tendency to place the total slightly high when Eastern Kentucky is involved last year, as 63.0 percent of their games ended under the O/U total.
The sweet-shooting offense of Marshall will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Eastern Kentucky. Last season, the Thundering Herd offense ranked 38th in effective field goal percentage (0.548), while the Eastern Kentucky defense ranked 318th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.542). The Thundering Herd figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Marshall at Eastern Kentucky Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Marshall averages 17.1 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. Eastern Kentucky ranks 278th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Thundering Herd average 5.8 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the country. The Colonels rank 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Marshall ranks 145th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 270th (33.0).
- The Thundering Herd rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while the Colonels rank 207th (20.6).
- Marshall averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. Eastern Kentucky ranks 218th in steals allowed per game (7.0).