The VCU Rams (2-1) and the Marquette Golden Eagles (1-1) battle in the Maui Invitational at Lahaina Civic Center. Tip-off is set for 2:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Marquette Golden Eagles vs. VCU Rams Betting Preview
The Golden Eagles fell to the No. 19 Purdue Boilermakers in their last matchup, 86-71. With 25 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Andrew Rowsey was the top scorer from either team. Purdues offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Marquette. The Boilermakers had a rate of 29.2, while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 18.2.
The last time the Rams played, they were beaten by the Virginia Cavaliers, 76-67. With 14 points and eight assists, VCUs Jonathan Williams put together a good game. Virginia had a much better turnover percentage (7.3 vs. 16.4). VCU, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.3 vs. 16.1).
Marquette could have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, VCU ranks 93rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.7 percent), while Marquette has forced the 205th-most turnovers (18.6 percent). Moreover, the 17th-ranked offense of the Golden Eagles (offensive efficiency of 116.0) will face off against the 48th-ranked defense of the Rams (defensive efficiency of 97.7).
Marquette Golden Eagles vs. VCU Rams ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams average 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 42nd in the NCAA. The Golden Eagles rank 183rd in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- VCU averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 81st in the nation. Marquette ranks 177th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- VCU ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Marquette ranks 300th (15.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 53rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Rams rank 287th (17.8).
- VCU ranks 111th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Marquette ranks 279th (32.9).