Big East foes will collide when the Seton Hall Pirates (17-6, 6-4 Big East) go head-to-head against the Marquette Golden Eagles (13-10, 4-7 Big East) at Prudential Center. Seton Hall opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 158 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Seton Hall Pirates Odds Preview
The Golden Eagles lost a close one to the Providence Friars in their last game, 77-75. Marquette’s Markus Howard had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-15 shooting. Providence held the Golden Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.7 (below their season average of 28.4). Marquette, on the other hand, held the Friars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.472 (below the 0.533 mark opponents have averaged against Marquette this season).
In the Pirates last game, they were topped by the No. 1 Villanova Wildcats, 92-76. Desi Rodriguez was Seton Hall’s leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting. One of Villanova’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 25 trips to the line, while Seton Hall went just 14 times.
Seton Hall figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Pirates currently rank 87th in offensive efficiency, while Marquette ranks 308th in defensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Golden Eagles won 84-64. The Golden Eagles played a perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 7.5 and a free throw rate of 0.191. For those same stats, the Pirates were 15.9 and 0.136, respectively. Andrew Rowsey scored a game-high 31 points.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Seton Hall Pirates Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – Seton Hall, O/U – Over
- The Golden Eagles average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. The Pirates rank 133rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Marquette averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 108th in the nation. Seton Hall ranks 117th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Seton Hall ranks 54th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Marquette ranks 269th (31.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while the Pirates rank 216th (19.5).
- Seton Hall averages 16.3 assists per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. Marquette ranks 196th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Pirates have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Seton Hall has defeated opponents by an average of 7.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average).