The Murray State Racers (6-2) will be at home in CFSB Center when they go head-to-head with the Marist Red Foxes (2-8). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points with Murray State set as a 14.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Marist Red Foxes at Murray State Racers ATS Preview
The last time the Red Foxes played, they lost a close one to the Stetson Hatters, 79-76. Brian Parker put together a solid performance for Marist, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Stetson had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 18.8). Marist, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 21.6).
The Racers are hoping for a better outcome after their 69-55 loss to the Saint Louis Billikens in their last contest. With 10 points, 12 rebounds and six assists, Murray State’s Temetrius Morant had a solid outing. Saint Louis 10.7 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Murray State, who had a rate of 19.1. The Billikens mark was better than their season average of 17.6, while the Racers was above their season average of 15.7.
Murray State appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Racers rank 65th in offensive efficiency, while the Red Foxes rank 319th in defensive efficiency dating back to last season.
Of Marist’s 4 games with betting action, two have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Murray State’s 5 games have finished under the projected point total. The Racers come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-2 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Red Foxes are 2-8 SU and 2-2 ATS.
Marist Red Foxes at Murray State Racers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Murray State, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Foxes rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while the Racers rank 78th (3.1).
- Murray State averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. Marist ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Murray State ranks 74th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Marist ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- The Racers rank 91st in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Red Foxes rank 227th (31.7).
- Murray State ranks 98th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Marist ranks 233rd (15.2).