The No. 23 Seton Hall Pirates (10-2) can prolong a five-game home winning streak when they clash against the Manhattan Jaspers (3-5) at Prudential Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Manhattan Jaspers at Seton Hall Pirates Odds Preview
The last time the Jaspers played, they lost to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 80-66. Manhattan’s Zane Waterman had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting. One of Tulsa’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Manhattan had just 11.
The Pirates hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Wagner Seahawks in their last outing, 89-68. Seton Hall rallied around Angel Delgado, who contributed 15 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Seton Hall dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.216) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.570 (above their season average of 0.541). For those same stats, Wagner was 0.139 and 0.403, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Seton Hall figures to have a noteworthy edge. Dating back to last season, the Pirates defense ranks 59th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while the Manhattan offense ranks 271st in effective field goal percentage (0.484).
Khadeen Carrington has really been playing well over the last five games for Seton Hall, averaging 13.6 points and 4.0 assists per game.
Manhattan Jaspers at Seton Hall Pirates ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Manhattan, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Pirates average 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. The Jaspers rank 112th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Seton Hall averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 107th in the NCAA. Manhattan ranks 137th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Seton Hall ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Manhattan ranks 186th (15.0).
- The Pirates rank 49th in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Jaspers rank 179th (34.7).
- Manhattan ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Seton Hall ranks 118th (19.7).