The Manhattan Jaspers (12-14, 8-9 MAAC) will be at the OceanFirst Bank Center to clash against the Monmouth Hawks (16-12, 10-7 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Monmouth Hawks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Hawks lost to the Rider Broncs, 79-67, while the Jaspers were victorious over the Marist Red Foxes, 65-56.
Manhattan played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 28.8) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.208). Marist put up marks of 24.0 and 0.233, respectively, for those same stats. Monmouth, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (14.0 vs. 19.7). Monmouth was led by Deion Hammond, who put up 28 points. Pauly Paulicap led the way for Manhattan, contributing 16 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ray Salnave led the Hawks to a 65-58 victory. He produced 16 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Monmouth had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.537 vs. 0.404). Manhattan, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.211 vs. 0.130).
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Hawks (ranked 51st in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Jaspers (290th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Jaspers rank 294th in turnover percentage (20.9 percent), while the Hawks rank 37th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.5 percent).
Manhattan Jaspers at Monmouth Hawks Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Monmouth, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Under
- Manhattan ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Monmouth ranks 169th (22.0).
- The Jaspers average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 64th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Jaspers rank 177th in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Hawks rank 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- Monmouth averages 7.8 steals per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. Manhattan ranks 118th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Monmouth has been defeated by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Jaspers have scored an average of 58.8 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).