The Missouri State Bears (2-2) and the Manhattan Jaspers (2-1) battle in the Gulf Coast Showcase at Germain Arena. Tip-off is set for 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Missouri State Bears Free Preview
In the Jaspers last matchup, they were beaten by the UMKC Kangaroos, 74-63. With 14 points on 4-for-11 shooting, Aaron Walker Jr. led Manhattan in scoring. UMKC had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.564 vs. 0.425). Manhattan, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.2 vs. 24.1).
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-73 loss to the Georgia Southern Eagles in their last outing. With 17 points and 14 rebounds, Alize Johnson put together a solid performance for Missouri State. Georgia Southern forced the Bears into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 13.9). Missouri State, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (13-17; 76.5 percent).
Missouri State should have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Bears rank 48th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent), while Manhattan ranks 196th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.7 percent) dating back to last season. It will also be a tale of two tempos as the up-tempo Jaspers rank 59th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bears rank 288th.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Missouri State Bears Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Jaspers rank 144th (34.8).
- Manhattan ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Missouri State ranks 102nd (20.2).
- Missouri State ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Manhattan ranks 213th (3.9).
- The Jaspers rank 74th in steals per game (6.9) while the Bears rank 233rd (5.3).
- Missouri State ranks 136th in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Manhattan ranks 267th (14.9).