The Manhattan Jaspers (4-6, 1-0 MAAC) will try to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Marist Red Foxes (3-10, 1-0 MAAC) at McCann Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Manhattan Jaspers at Marist Red Foxes Odds Preview
In the Jaspers last contest, they edged the Fairfield Stags, 61-58. Pauly Paulicap was the games leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting. The Jaspers had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.326 (above their season average of 0.221) and held the Stags to an effective field goal percentage of 0.392 (below their season average of 0.506).
The Red Foxes will look to keep it rolling after topping the Siena Saints in their last matchup, 63-58. Marist’s David Knudsen played well, recording 13 points and five steals. The Red Foxes had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.247) and held the Saints to an effective field goal percentage of 0.353 (below their season average of 0.493).
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-paced Red Foxes (ranked 91st in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Jaspers (273rd in possessions per game).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Manhattan games have finished under 81.8 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of games featuring Marist have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Jaspers have a significant advantage. They are 4-6 SU and 7-4 ATS, while the Red Foxes are 3-10 SU and 3-4 ATS.
Zane Waterman has really been playing well over the last five games for Manhattan, averaging 12.0 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Jaspers won the last matchup 68-67. The Jaspers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 and a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.489. For those same stats, the Red Foxes recorded marks of 17.9 and 0.423, respectively.
Manhattan Jaspers at Marist Red Foxes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Manhattan, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Under
- The Red Foxes are 23rd in the NCAA with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while the Jaspers are 27th with 2.4 blocks allowed per game.
- Marist is 1-0 ATS at home, while Manhattan is 5-4 ATS on the road.
- The Jaspers have 7 unders, 1 over and 1 push in 9 road games.
- The Red Foxes have gone under in all 1 of their home games.
- Manhattan ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Marist ranks 236th (25.5).
- The Jaspers rank 113th in assists per game (14.3) while the Red Foxes rank 227th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- Manhattan ranks 239th in rebounds per game (32.6) while Marist ranks 244th (32.3).
- Marist is 1-2 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Manhattan is 3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Red Foxes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaspers have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).