The Maine Black Bears (0-5) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they go head-to-head against the Quinnipiac Bobcats (1-4) at TD Bank Sports Center. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
Maine Black Bears at Quinnipiac Bobcats Free Preview
In the Black Bears last game, they lost to the Boston University Terriers, 78-69. Maine’s Andrew Fleming put together a solid performance, finishing with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Boston University had a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.142). Maine, meanwhile, forced the Terriers into a turnover percentage of 22.9 (above their season average of 12.4).
The Bobcats are trying to rebound after their 84-72 loss to the Liberty Flames in their last outing. Cameron Young was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Liberty had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 22.1). Quinnipiac, on the other hand, was lights out from beyond the arc (13-29; 44.8 percent).
This contest should be a battle of contrasting tempos. Quinnipiac ranks 26th in possessions per game (73.7) while Maine is 218th (69.1) since the 2016-17 season.
The Bobcats won the only contest against the Black Bears last season, 85-75. The Bobcats played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.339 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7. For those same stats, the Black Bears were 0.138 and 22.2, respectively.
Maine Black Bears vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Quinnipiac, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Black Bears rank 213th in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Bobcats rank 271st (7.6).
- Quinnipiac ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Maine ranks 129th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6).
- Quinnipiac ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (38.8) while Maine ranks 285th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- The Bobcats rank 105th in blocks per game (3.7) while the Black Bears rank 275th (2.0).
- Quinnipiac ranks 128th in assists per game (14.1) while Maine ranks 274th (11.6).