The Massachusetts Minutemen (6-6) will be at home in William D. Mullins Center when they clash with the Maine Black Bears (3-10). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Maine Black Bears vs. Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Preview
The Black Bears lost big to the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils in their last contest, 84-57. With 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Aaron Calixte led Maine in scoring. Central Connecticut State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.593 (above their season average of 0.526). Maine, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 19.7).
In the Minutemen’s last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Georgia State Panthers, 71-63. With 14 points and five assists, Luwane Pipkins had a solid game for Massachusetts. Georgia State had a better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 20.0). Massachusetts, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (8-11; 72.7 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Massachusetts figures to have a considerable edge. The Minutemen defense ranks 70th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while the Maine offense is ranked 326th in effective field goal percentage (0.452).
Maine Black Bears at Massachusetts Minutemen ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Over
- The Black Bears rank 138th in steals per game (5.9) while the Minutemen rank 162nd in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Massachusetts averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. Maine ranks 115th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Massachusetts ranks 38th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Maine ranks 232nd (39.1).
- The Minutemen rank 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while the Black Bears rank 163rd (22.9).
- Massachusetts averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. Maine ranks 132nd in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- The Minutemen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Black Bears have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (4.8 below their season average).