The Fordham Rams (2-2) will be at home in Rose Hill Gym when they take on the Maine Black Bears (1-6). Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Maine Black Bears at Fordham Rams Free Preview
In the Black Bears last matchup, they were blown out by the Georgetown Hoyas, 76-55. Aaron Calixte had a solid performance for Maine, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Georgetown’s biggest advantages. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Maine had just 10.
The Rams are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-77 loss to the East Tennessee State Buccaneers in their last game. Will Tavares led Fordham in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-12 shooting. East Tennessee State held the Rams to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.3 (below their season average of 21.7). Fordham, meanwhile, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-31; 80.6 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the Maine offense. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Maine ranks 265th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Fordham has forced the second-most turnovers in the NCAA (26.2 percent).
Maine Black Bears vs. Fordham Rams Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Maine, ATS Winner – Maine, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Black Bears rank 144th (20.9).
- Fordham ranks 202nd in blocks per game (2.8) while Maine ranks 269th (2.1).
- Fordham ranks second in steals per game (10.1) while Maine ranks 246th (5.2).
- The Black Bears rank 211th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Rams rank 325th (28.3).
- Fordham ranks 162nd in assists per game (13.6) while Maine ranks 267th (11.8).