The LSU Tigers (13-9, 4-6 SEC) visit Florida to play the Gators (15-8, 6-4 SEC) in what should be a high-scoring game. Florida is an 8-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149 points. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators Odds Preview
The Tigers were victorious over the Arkansas Razorbacks in their last matchup, 94-86. Tremont Waters was the games high scorer with 27 points on 7-for-14 shooting. The Tigers made 21 of their 23 free throws (91.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.664 (above their season average of 0.546).
In the Gators last game, they were beaten by the Alabama Crimson Tide, 68-50. KeVaughn Allen was Florida’s high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Alabama had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7 (above their season average of 29.0). Florida, meanwhile, forced the Crimson Tide into a turnover percentage of 24.9 (above their season average of 17.5).
The high-octane offense of Florida (60th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 112.4) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of LSU (252nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 106.2). The Gators figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Gators won the sole contest last season, 106-71. The Gators dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.711 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3. For those same stats, the Tigers were 0.453 and 23.7, respectively.
LSU Tigers at Florida Gators Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Over
- The Gators rank 37th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Tigers rank 86th (3.7).
- Florida ranks 49th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while LSU ranks 213th (23.5).
- The Tigers rank 119th in rebounds allowed per game (34.1) while the Gators rank 239th (37.3).
- Florida ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while LSU ranks 106th (6.1).
- The Gators have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida has defeated opponents by an average of 6.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (7.8 above their season average).