Offense meets defense when the LSU Tigers (14-10, 5-7 SEC) visit Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (16-9, 7-5 SEC). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Alabama opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they beat the Ole Miss Rebels, 82-66. Duop Reath was the games high scorer with 26 points on 10-for-12 shooting. LSU played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.310 (above their season average of 0.235) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (above their season average of 0.550). For those same stats, Ole Miss was 0.226 and 0.419, respectively.
The Crimson Tide hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the No. 15 Tennessee Volunteers in their last contest, 78-50. Alabama rallied around Donta Hall, who was the games high scorer with 17 points on 8-for-10 shooting. The Crimson Tide had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.616 (above their season average of 0.517) and had a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 17.8).
This matchup pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as LSU ranks 29th in offensive efficiency and Alabama is 49th in defensive efficiency.
Of LSU’s 21 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished under the projected point total, while 17 of Alabama’s 23 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (14-10 for LSU; 16-9 for Alabama), but the Crimson Tide have the edge against the spread (ATS). Alabama is 13-10-1 ATS, while the Tigers are 10-8-3.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 140 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 151.5. The Crimson Tide won 74-66, covering as 5-point underdogs. Alabama won the rebounding battle. The Crimson Tide had 12 offensive rebounds and 40 total rebounds, while the Tigers had five and 24, respectively. Dazon Ingram put up a double-double in the victory with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
LSU Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 51st in steals per game (7.3) while the Crimson Tide rank 127th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Alabama ranks 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.4) while LSU ranks 71st (12.2).
- LSU is 4-5-1 ATS on the road, while Alabama is 7-4-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 10 of the Crimson Tide’s 12 home games, while 5 of the Tigers 10 road games have gone over.
- Alabama ranks 97th in rebounds per game (36.7) while LSU ranks 236th (33.4).
- The Tigers rank 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Crimson Tide rank 247th (18.9).
- Alabama ranks sixth in blocks per game (6.1) while LSU ranks 90th (3.6).
- Alabama is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, LSU is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Crimson Tide’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.8 points per game (7.5 above their season average).