The Oregon State Beavers (3-3) will be at home in Gill Coliseum when they clash against the Loyola Marymount Lions (4-2). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 141 points with Oregon State opening as a 9.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Loyola Marymount Lions at Oregon State Beavers Odds Preview
In the Lions last game, they easily got past the Cal State-Los Angeles Golden Eagles, 87-66. With 16 points and seven rebounds, Loyola Marymount’s Zafir Williams put together a solid outing. Loyola Marymount played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4 (above their season average of 38.9) and a free throw rate of 0.233 (matching their season average). Cal State-Los Angeles put up marks of 17.4 and 0.138, respectively, for those same stats.
The Beavers hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Marist Red Foxes in their last game, 65-46. With 16 points on 6-for-14 shooting, Tres Tinkle was Oregon State’s high scorer. Oregon State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 32.6) and a free throw rate of 0.214 (below their season average of 0.336). Marist was 16.2 and 0.137, respectively, for those same stats.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Oregon State. Since last season, Oregon State ranks 343rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Loyola Marymount has forced the 31st-most turnovers in the nation (21.9 percent).
Of Loyola Marymount’s 3 games with betting action, two have finished under the O/U total, while 3 of Oregon State’s 6 games have finished over the O/U total. The Lions have the better straight up (SU) record (4-2 vs. 3-3), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. Oregon State Beavers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 200th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Beavers rank 266th (18.6).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 233rd in rebounds per game (34.7) while Oregon State ranks 271st (33.6).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 32nd in steals per game (7.6) while Oregon State ranks 272nd in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Lions rank 97th in assists per game (14.7) while the Beavers rank 239th (12.3).
- Oregon State averages 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 103rd in the nation. Loyola Marymount ranks 191st in blocks allowed per game (3.8).