The CSUN Matadors (1-7), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Loyola Marymount Lions (4-4) to Matadome. Loyola Marymount opened as a 4-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148.5 points. Action begins at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. CSUN Matadors Free Preview
In the Lions last contest, they fell to the Portland State Vikings, 94-85. With 26 points on 8-for-15 shooting, James Batemon was the top scorer from either team. Portland State forced the Lions into a turnover percentage of 29.1 (above their season average of 16.8). Loyola Marymount, meanwhile, held the Vikings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (below their season average of 36.9).
The Matadors are trying to rebound after their 74-66 loss to the Idaho State Bengals in their last game. Micheal Warren was CSUN’s high scorer with 18 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Idaho State had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 18.6). CSUN, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 vs. 25.0).
The physical CSUN offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this contest. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Matadors rank 20th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.306, while Loyola Marymount ranks 337th in FTA rate allowed (0.314).
Games involving these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. Loyola Marymount games have gone over 60.0 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of CSUN games have finished over. The Lions hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-4 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Matadors are 1-7 SU and 2-5 ATS.
The Lions won the lone contest against the Matadors last season, 69-68. The Lions played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.554 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0. The Matadors put up marks of 0.510 and 28.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. CSUN Matadors Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Marymount, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 118th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Matadors rank 204th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Loyola Marymount averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 199th in the nation. CSUN ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 188th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while CSUN ranks 321st (14.3).
- The Lions rank 35th in steals per game (7.6) while the Matadors rank 131st (6.4).
- Loyola Marymount averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. CSUN ranks 182nd in assists allowed per game (13.7).