The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (2-8) look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak when they take on the Memphis Tigers (8-3) at FedExForum. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Memphis Tigers Free Preview
The last time the Greyhounds played, they beat the Drexel Dragons, 66-62. With eight points and 16 rebounds, Loyola Maryland’s Cam Gregory had a solid game. The Greyhounds had a much better free throw rate (0.212 vs. 0.083) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (above their season average of 0.479).
The Tigers come in on a high note after beating the Siena Saints in their last game, 70-66. With 16 points on 4-for-8 shooting, Kyvon Davenport was Memphis’ high scorer. Memphis dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.292) and a turnover percentage of 16.2 (better than their season average of 16.8). Siena was 0.115 and 24.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical Memphis offense could be getting to the free throw line a lot in this showdown. The Tigers currently rank 25th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.313, while Loyola Maryland ranks 197th in FTA rate allowed (0.239).
Chuck Champion has been outstanding over the last five games for Loyola Maryland, averaging 17.3 points and 2.0 steals per game.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Memphis Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Memphis, O/U – Under
- Memphis ranks 56th in blocks per game (4.5) while Loyola Maryland ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- The Tigers rank 224th in three pointers attempted per game (19.1) while the Greyhounds rank 264th (16.9).
- Loyola Maryland averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 90th in the nation. Memphis ranks 108th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).