The Holy Cross Crusaders (3-9, 0-3 Pat), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (4-10, 2-1 Pat) to Hart Recreation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Holy Cross Crusaders ATS Preview
The Greyhounds barely escaped the Boston University Terriers in their last contest, 68-65. Andre Walker was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-20 shooting. The Greyhounds had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 29.4) and held the Terriers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.537).
The last time the Crusaders played, they were topped by the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 83-77. Austin Butler was Holy Cross high scorer with 22 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Lehigh had a free throw rate of 0.182 (above their season average of 0.180). Holy Cross, on the other hand, forced the Mountain Hawks into a turnover percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 13.8).
It could be a tough game for Holy Cross on the offensive glass. The Crusaders rank 346th in offensive rebounding percentage (18.3 percent), while Loyola Maryland ranks 70th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. The Crusaders won the last contest 63-62. The Crusaders played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.357 and a turnover percentage of 13.6. For those same stats, the Greyhounds recorded marks of 0.208 and 20.7, respectively.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Holy Cross Crusaders Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Over
- The Greyhounds average 12.2 assists per game, which ranks 208th in the nation. The Crusaders rank 215th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- Holy Cross ranks 91st in steals per game (6.7) while Loyola Maryland ranks 93rd in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Holy Cross ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 173rd (5.4).
- The Greyhounds rank 121st in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Crusaders rank 274th (27.2).
- Holy Cross ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Loyola Maryland ranks 239th (17.6).
- The Crusaders average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average).