The Florida State Seminoles (5-0) are off to a hot start and will try to remain undefeated when they go head-to-head with the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (1-6) at Donald L. Tucker Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Florida State Seminoles Odds Preview
The Greyhounds were beaten by the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers in their last outing, 80-75. With 26 points on 11-for-19 shooting, Isaiah Hart was Loyola Maryland’s leading scorer. Mount St. Mary’s forced the Greyhounds into a turnover percentage of 22.0 (above their season average of 18.0). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, held the Mountaineers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below the 27.0 mark opponents have averaged against Loyola Maryland this season).
In the Seminoles last matchup, they defeated the No. 5 Florida Gators, 83-66. With 25 points on 11-for-17 shooting, Terance Mann was the top scorer from either team. Florida State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 43.4) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 13.7). For those same stats, Florida was 28.2 and 19.8, respectively.
Ball protection could play a key role in this contest. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Florida State has committed the 40th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Loyola Maryland has forced the 49th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 21.4 percent).
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Florida State Seminoles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seminoles rank 56th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Greyhounds rank 227th (34.5).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Florida State ranks 172nd (21.7).
- Florida State averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 21st in the nation. Loyola Maryland ranks 240th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Seminoles rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Greyhounds rank 227th (7.0).
- Florida State ranks 81st in assists per game (14.9) while Loyola Maryland ranks 263rd (11.7).