The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (3-9, 1-0 Pat) look to end their seven-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the Army West Point Black Knights (7-5, 0-1 Pat), who will attempt to prolong their five-game home winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Army West Point Black Knights Betting Preview
The last time the Greyhounds played, they were victorious over the Navy Midshipmen, 72-63. With 17 points, Chuck Champion played well for Loyola Maryland. Loyola Maryland played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.289 (above their season average of 0.231) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 29.0). For those same stats, Navy had marks of 0.191 and 24.0, respectively.
The Black Knights are trying to rebound after their 90-82 loss to the Boston University Terriers in their last contest. Jordan Fox led Army West Point in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Boston University did a great job of making free throws (18-25; 72.0 percent). Army West Point, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.2 vs. 16.7).
The elite offense of Army West Point will battle against the mid-tier defense of Loyola Maryland. The Black Knights rank 45th in effective field goal percentage (0.556), while the Greyhounds are 250th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.518). The Black Knights figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Greyhounds won the last matchup 78-63. The Greyhounds dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.255 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.582. For those same stats, the Black Knights recorded marks of 0.175 and 0.465, respectively.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Army West Point Black Knights Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Army West Point, ATS Winner – Army West Point, O/U – Under
- The Black Knights average 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Greyhounds rank 109th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Army West Point ranks 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Loyola Maryland ranks 260th (16.9).
- The Black Knights rank seventh in assists per game (19.3) while the Greyhounds rank 200th (12.1).
- Loyola Maryland averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. Army West Point ranks 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Black Knights have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Army West Point has defeated opponents by an average of 7.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (1.9 above their season average).