Pat foes will clash when the Lafayette Leopards (7-17, 5-8 Pat) meet the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (8-16, 6-7 Pat) at Kirby Sports Center. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds vs. Lafayette Leopards Betting Preview
In the Greyhounds last outing, they won a close one over the American University Eagles, 72-69. Brent Holcombe led Loyola Maryland in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-7 shooting. Loyola Maryland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 44.0 (above their season average of 29.4) and a free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.227). American University recorded marks of 28.1 and 0.288, respectively, for those same stats.
The Leopards will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the Army West Point Black Knights in their last matchup, 81-54. With 23 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Alex Petrie was the games leading scorer. Lafayette played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.232) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.611 (above their season average of 0.514). Army West Point recorded marks of 0.065 and 0.403, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a tough game for Lafayette on the offensive glass. The Leopards are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 340th in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.4 percent. Meanwhile, Loyola Maryland ranks 59th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.4 percent.
Petrie has been exceptional over the last five games for Lafayette, averaging 21.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Greyhounds won 83-77. The Greyhounds played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.2 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3. The Leopards had marks of 19.6 and 28.6, respectively, for those same stats. Andre Walker scored a game-high 43 points.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Lafayette Leopards Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- The Leopards rank 225th in assists per game (12.2) while the Greyhounds rank 240th (11.7).
- Lafayette ranks 89th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Loyola Maryland ranks 293rd (16.2).
- The Greyhounds rank 48th in steals per game (7.3) while the Leopards rank 243rd (4.0).
- Lafayette averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 111th in the NCAA. Loyola Maryland ranks 195th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- The Leopards have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Lafayette has been defeated by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.6 below their season average).