The Bucknell Bison (18-9, 12-2 Pat) can continue a five-game home winning streak when they clash with the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (8-17, 6-8 Pat) at Sojka Pavilion. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Bucknell Bison ATS Preview
The Greyhounds were beaten by the Lafayette Leopards in their last matchup, 84-67. Loyola Maryland’s Andre Walker had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-17 shooting. Lafayette had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 20.4). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, forced the Leopards into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 17.4).
The last time the Bison played, they beat the Colgate Raiders, 65-64. Bucknell’s Nana Foulland had a good game, putting up 14 points and 10 rebounds. Bucknell’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Colgate. The Bison had a rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.290), while the Raiders posted a mark of 0.264.
The aggressive Bucknell offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Bison rank 27th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.291, while Loyola Maryland ranks 313th in FTA rate allowed (0.290).
These teams have already met once this season. The Bison won 78-70. The Bison played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.415 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 40.7. For those same stats, the Greyhounds put up marks of 0.200 and 23.7, respectively. Zach Thomas put up a double-double in the victory with 25 points and 12 rebounds.
Loyola Maryland Greyhounds at Bucknell Bison Free Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Over
- The Greyhounds average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. The Bison rank 155th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Bucknell ranks 99th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Loyola Maryland ranks 293rd (16.3).
- The Bison average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 62nd in the nation. The Greyhounds rank 194th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Bucknell ranks 134th in assists per game (14.0) while Loyola Maryland ranks 240th (11.6).
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Greyhounds have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average).