The No. 11 Loyola Chicago Ramblers (30-5), 2-point underdogs, go head-to-head against the No. 7 Nevada Wolf Pack (29-7) in the Sweet Sixteen at Philips Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143.5 points and action gets underway at 7:07 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Odds
Both teams narrowly escaped their last opponent. The Wolf Pack defeated the No. 2 Cincinnati Bearcats 75-73, while the Ramblers beat the No. 3 Tennessee Volunteers 63-62.
Loyola Chicago played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.250 (above their season average of 0.232) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.578). For those same stats, Tennessee was 0.055 and 0.536, respectively. The Wolf Pack, on the other hand, had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 2.9 (better than their season average of 12.3) and held the Bearcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.447 (below their season average of 0.514). Nevada received a boost from Cody Martin, who contributed 25 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Aundre Jackson, meanwhile had a good game for Loyola Chicago, recording 16 points.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Nevada (ninth in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 117.5) takes on the elite defense of Loyola Chicago (11th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 95.0).
Of the Ramblers’ 31 games that accepted bets, 19 have finished under the total. Loyola Chicago comes into the game with records of 30-5 straight up (SU) and 22-9 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Wolf Pack’s 35 games with betting action, 19 have finished over the total. Additionally, Nevada is 29-7 SU and 17-16-2 ATS.
Jordan Caroline has taken his game to another level recently for Nevada, averaging 22.2 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.4 assists over the last five games.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Nevada Wolf Pack ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- Loyola Chicago ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while Nevada ranks 234th (36.5).
- The Ramblers rank 35th in assists per game (15.9) while the Wolf Pack rank 123rd in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- Nevada averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. Loyola Chicago ranks 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Wolf Pack rank 69th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Ramblers rank 259th (18.8).
- Nevada ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.4) while Loyola Chicago ranks 164th (6.4).
- During their last five games, the Wolf Pack have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (6.6 above their season average).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 9.7 for the season.