A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Missouri State Bears (10-3) when they welcome the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (10-2) to JQH Arena. Missouri State is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 134 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Missouri State Bears Betting Preview
The Ramblers lost to the Milwaukee Panthers in their last outing, 73-56. With 13 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Donte Ingram was Loyola Chicago’s leading scorer. Milwaukee had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 16.7). Loyola Chicago, on the other hand, held the Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.7 (below their season average of 26.1).
In the Bears last matchup, they beat the Wright State Raiders, 66-50. Missouri State was lifted by Alize Johnson, who had 12 points and 14 rebounds. The Bears held the Raiders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.328 (below their season average of 0.493). The Raiders had a free throw rate of 0.125 (below their season average of 0.268).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Missouri State currently ranks 304th in possessions per game (67.4) and Loyola Chicago is 280th (68.4). Additionally, the sweet-shooting offense of the Ramblers ranks fifth in effective field goal percentage (0.596), while the Bears are 17th-best in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.437).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Loyola Chicago games have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while games including Missouri State have finished under 60.0 percent of the time. Both teams have phenomenal straight up (SU) records (10-2 for Loyola Chicago; 10-3 for Missouri State), but the Bears have the edge against the spread (ATS). Missouri State is 6-4 ATS, while the Ramblers are 5-3.
Jarrid Rhodes has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Missouri State, averaging 11.2 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Bears won the last matchup 82-81. The Bears played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.547 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3. For those same stats, the Ramblers were 0.233 and 23.3, respectively.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Missouri State Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 74th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Ramblers rank 96th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Missouri State ranks 236th in three pointers attempted per game (18.5) while Loyola Chicago ranks 239th (18.4).
- Missouri State is 2-1 ATS at home, while Loyola Chicago is 3-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Ramblers 5 road games, while 2 of the Bears 3 home games have gone under.
- Missouri State ranks ninth in rebounds per game (41.6) while Loyola Chicago ranks 188th (34.3).
- The Bears rank 25th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Ramblers rank 157th (7.3).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 34th in assists per game (16.8) while Missouri State ranks 135th (13.8).
- Missouri State is 3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Loyola Chicago is 2-2 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 10.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (8.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).