The Milwaukee Panthers (6-5) will be at home in UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena when they clash with the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (10-1). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Milwaukee Panthers Odds Preview
In the Ramblers last outing, they easily got past the Norfolk State Spartans, 80-52. With 15 points and six rebounds, Donte Ingram had a solid performance for Loyola Chicago. Loyola Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.246) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.857 (above their season average of 0.596). For those same stats, Norfolk State was 0.121 and 0.388, respectively.
The Panthers are trying to rebound after their 82-63 loss to the Belmont Bruins in their last contest. Jeremiah Bell was Milwaukee’s high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-20 shooting. Belmont did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (18-24; 75.0 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 17.4).
Milwaukee might struggle to score as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. Loyola Chicago currently ranks 53rd in defensive efficiency while the Panthers rank 285th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Ramblers rank 322nd in offensive rebounding percentage (23.7 percent), while the Panthers rank 11th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.9 percent).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Ramblers won the only game last season, 72-56. Making free throws was one of Loyola Chicago’s biggest advantages. They were 13-15 (86.7 percent), while the Panthers were just 6-11 (54.5 percent).
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Milwaukee Panthers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
- The Ramblers rank 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Panthers rank 54th (32.5).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 20th in assists per game (17.5) while Milwaukee ranks 197th (12.3).
- The Panthers rank 122nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while the Ramblers rank 226th (18.4).
- Milwaukee averages 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. Loyola Chicago ranks 168th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Panthers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (1.6 below their season average).