The No. 9 Kansas State Wildcats (25-11) will be in the Elite Eight at Philips Arena when they go head-to-head with the No. 11 Loyola Chicago Ramblers (31-5). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 127 points and it is scheduled to start at 6:09 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Kansas State Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams barely escaped their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats 61-58, while the Ramblers beat the No. 7 Nevada Wolf Pack 69-68.
The Ramblers held the Wolf Pack to an effective field goal percentage of 0.474 (below their season average of 0.550) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 26.7). Kansas State, meanwhile, forced Kentucky into a turnover percentage of 20.5 (above their season average of 15.9). Kansas State rallied around Xavier Sneed, who recorded 22 points and nine rebounds. Marques Townes, meanwhile fueled Loyola Chicago with 18 points and five assists.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Kansas State ranks 319th in possessions per game (66.1) and Loyola Chicago is 337th (65.0). ,
Vegas has a tendency to set the total high when the Ramblers are involved, as 20 of their 32 games have ended under the projected point total. Loyola Chicago comes into the game with records of 31-5 straight up (SU) and 23-9 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Wildcats also have a tendency to go under the total (63.6 percent). Moreover, Kansas State is 25-11 SU and 16-17 ATS.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Kansas State Wildcats Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
- Kansas State averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. Loyola Chicago ranks 182nd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Wildcats rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Ramblers rank 112th (3.2).
- Kansas State ranks 223rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while Loyola Chicago ranks 263rd (18.7).
- The Ramblers rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while the Wildcats rank 122nd (34.0).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 38th in assists per game (15.9) while Kansas State ranks 139th (13.9).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average).
- The Ramblers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 9.4 for the season.