MVC foes will collide when the Indiana State Sycamores (11-14, 6-7 MVC) take on the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (20-5, 10-3 MVC) at Hulman Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores Free Preview
In the Ramblers last game, they beat the Drake Bulldogs, 72-57. Cameron Krutwig was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Loyola Chicago’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Drake. The Ramblers had a rate of 0.567 (below their season average of 0.584), while the Bulldogs posted a mark of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.526).
The Sycamores are trying to rebound after their 81-62 loss to the Missouri State Bears in their last outing. Brenton Scott was Indiana State’s high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Missouri State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.568 (above their season average of 0.492). Indiana State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (14-17; 82.4 percent).
Indiana State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the nations best defenses. Loyola Chicago ranks 17th in defensive efficiency, while the Sycamores rank 256th in offensive efficiency. Also, put-back points could be rare for the Ramblers. They rank 329th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.7 percent, while the Sycamores are 40th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 75.3 percent).
Clayton Custer has really been playing well over the last five games for Loyola Chicago, averaging 19.8 points, 4.4 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Sycamores won 61-57. The Sycamores 16.8 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Ramblers, who had a rate of 24.8. In the loss, Donte Ingram led all scorers on the team with 16 points.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- The Sycamores rank 39th in steals per game (7.5) while the Ramblers rank 128th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 45th in assists per game (16.0) while Indiana State ranks 234th (11.7).
- The Sycamores rank 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while the Ramblers rank 266th (17.9).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Indiana State ranks 148th (34.6).
- The Sycamores have been outscored by an average of 5.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average).