The UNI Panthers (8-7, 0-3 MVC) welcome the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (11-4, 1-2 MVC) to McLeod Center. The Panthers will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 121 points with UNI set as a 4-point favorite. Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at UNI Panthers Free Preview
The last time the Ramblers played, they were beaten by the Indiana State Sycamores, 61-57. With 16 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Donte Ingram was the games high scorer. Indiana State forced the Ramblers into a turnover percentage of 24.8 (above their season average of 18.5). Loyola Chicago, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (11-15; 73.3 percent).
The Panthers are trying to rebound after their 62-55 loss to the Missouri State Bears in their last game. Tywhon Pickford led UNI in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Missouri State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.6 (above their season average of 35.2). UNI, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 16.8).
UNI might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nations best defenses. Loyola Chicago ranks 60th in defensive efficiency, while the Panthers rank 296th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Ramblers rank 332nd in offensive rebounding percentage (22.2 percent), while the Panthers rank 29th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Of Loyola Chicago’s 11 games with betting action, six have finished under the projected point total, while 6 of UNI’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Ramblers come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-4 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Panthers are 8-7 SU and 3-8 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent game, the Panthers won 72-69. The Panthers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.436 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0. The Ramblers were 0.103 and 14.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at UNI Panthers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- The Panthers average 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 142nd in the NCAA. The Ramblers rank 146th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Loyola Chicago is 4-2 ATS on the road, while UNI is 1-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Panthers 4 home games, while 4 of the Ramblers 6 road games have gone under.
- Loyola Chicago ranks 67th in assists per game (15.5) while UNI ranks 239th (10.9).
- The Ramblers rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Panthers rank 157th (35.6).
- UNI ranks 113th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Loyola Chicago ranks 234th (17.7).
- UNI is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Loyola Chicago is 1-3 ATS with 4 unders.
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 10.0 points in their last five games. On the season, UNI has defeated opponents by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (3.3 below their season average).