The Loyola Chicago Ramblers (18-4, 8-2 MVC) and the Bradley Braves (16-7, 6-4 MVC) face off at Carver Arena. The Ramblers look to extend their seven-game winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 128 points with Loyola Chicago set as a 1.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Bradley Braves Free Preview
The Ramblers won big over the UNI Panthers in their last outing, 70-47. With 16 points and eight rebounds, Loyola Chicago’s Donte Ingram put together a solid outing. Loyola Chicago dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.255) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.580). For those same stats, UNI was 0.096 and 0.404, respectively.
In the Braves last game, they topped the Indiana State Sycamores, 81-73. With 25 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Nate Kennell was the top scorer from either team. Bradley played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 33.4) and a free throw rate of 0.255 (above their season average of 0.248). Indiana State was 27.3 and 0.214, respectively, for those same stats.
Baskets could be hard to come by as two of the NCAA’s best defenses go head-to-head. Bradley ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency (94.6) and Loyola Chicago is 14th (93.9).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Games including Loyola Chicago have gone under 61.1 percent of the time, while Bradley games have finished under 76.2 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Ramblers have a clear advantage. They are 18-4 SU and 13-5 ATS, while the Braves are 16-7 SU and 12-7-2 ATS.
Cameron Krutwig has been playing at a high level as of late for Loyola Chicago, averaging 12.8 points and 8.2 rebounds over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 146 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 128. The Ramblers won 81-65, covering as 7-point favorites. The Ramblers played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.308 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.625. For those same stats, the Braves recorded marks of 0.169 and 0.466, respectively. Krutwig recorded a double-double with 21 points and 13 rebounds.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at Bradley Braves ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Under
- The Braves rank 89th in steals per game (6.7) while the Ramblers rank 131st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Bradley ranks 235th in three pointers attempted per game (18.9) while Loyola Chicago ranks 268th (17.4).
- Loyola Chicago is 8-2 ATS on the road, while Bradley is 8-0-2 ATS at home.
- In 10 road games, the Ramblers have 8 unders and 2 overs.
- In 10 home games, the Braves have 7 unders and 3 overs.
- Bradley ranks 98th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Loyola Chicago ranks 248th (32.8).
- The Braves rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Ramblers rank 98th (3.4).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 31st in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Bradley ranks 86th (12.5).
- Bradley is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Loyola Chicago is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Braves average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ramblers have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).