The UMKC Kangaroos (1-2) will be at home in Municipal Auditorium when they clash against the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (2-0). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. UMKC Kangaroos ATS Preview
In the Ramblers last outing, they had no trouble getting past the Eureka Red Devils, 96-69. Aundre Jackson led Loyola Chicago in scoring with 14 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Loyola Chicago played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.155 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. Eureka was 0.075 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The Kangaroos are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-51 loss to the Kansas State Wildcats in their last game. Isaiah Ross was UMKCs high scorer with 12 points on 4-for-11 shooting. Kansas State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.6 vs. 21.4). UMKC, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.340 vs. 0.305).
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Kangaroos will look to push the more half-court-oriented Ramblers. Since last season, the Kangaroos rank 21st in possessions per game while the Ramblers are 267th. Moreover, the sweet-shooting offense of the Ramblers ranks 14th in effective field goal percentage (0.562), while the Kangaroos have been 91st-worst in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.519).
Loyola Chicago Ramblers at UMKC Kangaroos Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UMKC, ATS Winner – UMKC, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ramblers average 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. The Kangaroos rank 161st in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- UMKC ranks 226th in blocks per game (2.6) while Loyola Chicago ranks 229th (2.5).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while UMKC ranks 283rd (38.3).
- The Ramblers rank 38th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Kangaroos rank 202nd (22.0).
- Loyola Chicago ranks 71st in assists per game (15.2) while UMKC ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (14.2).