The No. 25 Clemson Tigers (13-1, 2-0 ACC) put their nine-game winning streak on the line when they meet the Louisville Cardinals (11-3, 1-0 ACC) at Littlejohn Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Louisville Cardinals vs. Clemson Tigers Free Preview
In the Cardinals last contest, they easily got past the Pittsburgh Panthers, 77-51. Quentin Snider was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Louisville played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5 (below their season average of 33.1) and a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 14.3). Pittsburgh was 10.8 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Tigers will look to maintain momentum after beating the Boston College Eagles in their last contest, 74-70. Clemson received a boost from Donte Grantham, who was the teams high scorer with 23 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Clemson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.272) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.5 (below their season average of 27.0). Boston College was 0.088 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Clemson (58th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 113.0) takes on the elite defense of Louisville (28th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 92.5). ,
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Cardinals won the lone contest played against each other last season, 92-60. The Cardinals dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 and a free throw rate of 0.172. The Tigers put up marks of 21.1 and 0.109, respectively, for those same stats.
Louisville Cardinals at Clemson Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Over
- The Cardinals are seventh in the NCAA with 9.7 assists allowed per game while the Tigers are 21st with 10.3 assists allowed per game.
- Clemson ranks 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while Louisville ranks 196th (37.2).
- The Tigers rank 18th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Cardinals rank 62nd (5.8).
- Louisville ranks second in blocks per game (7.9) while Clemson ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, down from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (2.0 above their season average).