CUSA foes will collide when the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (8-5) challenge the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (7-4) at E.A. Diddle Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148.5 points with Western Kentucky opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on beIN Sports.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they lost to the Texas Longhorns, 75-60. DaQuan Bracey had a solid performance for Louisiana Tech, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Texas had a free throw rate of 0.429 (above their season average of 0.218). Louisiana Tech, meanwhile, held the Longhorns to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.9 (below their season average of 30.1).
The Hilltoppers hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Austin Peay Governors in their last contest, 72-53. Western Kentucky rallied around Darius Thompson, who was the games high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-15 shooting. The Hilltoppers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.542, had a fantastic mark of 0.627 and had a better turnover percentage (20.7 vs. 21.3).
Louisiana Tech does a solid job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 11th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.330), but Western Kentucky is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 43rd by allowing a FTA rate of 0.179).
Of Louisiana Tech’s 9 games that accepted bets, six have finished under the projected point total, while 6 of Western Kentucky’s 11 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (7-4 for Louisiana Tech; 8-5 for Western Kentucky), but the Hilltoppers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Western Kentucky is 8-3 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 4-5.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Bulldogs won the lone contest played against each other last season, 76-67. Louisiana Tech had a better turnover percentage (11.1 vs. 14.6). Western Kentucky, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.259 vs. 0.082).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Western Kentucky Hilltoppers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Under
- Louisiana Tech is 3-3 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Western Kentucky is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Louisiana Tech ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while Western Kentucky ranks 162nd (23.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 30th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Hilltoppers rank 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Western Kentucky ranks 36th in steals per game (8.2) while Louisiana Tech ranks 104th (6.5).
- Western Kentucky is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Louisiana Tech is 1-3 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Hilltoppers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 82.2 points per game (0.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average).