The Wichita State Shockers, 10-point favorites, welcome the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs to Charles Koch Arena to start their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 150.5 points and action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Wichita State Shockers Betting Odds
Wichita State made the tournament last season following a 25-7 regular season campaign that earned them a four seed in the tournament. They fell in the First Round to the Marshall Thundering Herd. Meanwhile, Louisiana Tech failed to make the tournament following a 17-16 regular season campaign.
The Bulldogs had a respectable 17-16 straight up (SU) record last season, but were just 13-11 against the spread (ATS). Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Louisiana Tech games, with 12 overs compared to 11 unders.
Meanwhile, the Shockers owned records of 25-7 SU and 19-12-2 ATS last season. Wichita State games also had a slight tendency to finish over the O/U total (48.5 percent).
The high-octane offense of Wichita State will battle against the mid-tier defense of Louisiana Tech. Last season, the Shockers ranked sixth in offensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs were 159th in defensive efficiency. The Shockers figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
Louisiana Tech vs. Wichita State Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Louisiana Tech ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Wichita State ranks 237th (23.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 158th in steals per game (5.9) while the Shockers rank 259th (4.7).
- Louisiana Tech averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 77th in the country. Wichita State ranks 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- The Shockers rank ninth in rebounds per game (40.6) while the Bulldogs rank 205th (34.5).
- Wichita State ranks third in assists per game (18.5) while Louisiana Tech ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (13.3).