The undefeated Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (5-0) travel to Coleman Coliseum to go head-to-head against the No. 24 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-1). Alabama opened as an 11-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 141.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Preview
The Bulldogs edged the Evansville Aces in their last outing, 63-61. DaQuan Bracey was the games leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Louisiana Tech dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 12.6) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (matching their season average). Evansville was 19.8 and 0.135, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Crimson Tide’s last matchup, they were beaten by the No. 14 Minnesota Golden Gophers, 89-84. Collin Sexton was the top scorer from either team with 40 points on 12-for-22 shooting. Minnesota had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.5 (above their season average of 35.8). Alabama, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-32; 71.9 percent).
Baskets could be hard to come by in this showdown between two of the NCAA’s top defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, Alabama ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency (95.8) and Louisiana Tech is 14th (95.1).
Of Louisiana Tech’s 4 games with betting action, three have finished under the projected point total, while 2 of Alabama’s 4 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bulldogs hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (5-0 vs. 5-1), but the Crimson Tide have been superior against the spread (ATS) (3-2 vs. 2-2).
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs at Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Alabama, ATS Winner – Louisiana Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 84th in steals per game (6.8) while the Crimson Tide rank 146th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Louisiana Tech averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. Alabama ranks 66th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 31st in assists per game (16.0) while Alabama ranks 243rd (12.0).
- The Crimson Tide average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 128th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Alabama ranks 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Louisiana Tech ranks 111th (20.3).