The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (3-1) travel to Nicholls to play the Colonels (4-3) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs. Nicholls Colonels Free Preview
The Ragin Cajuns were victorious over the McNeese State Cowboys in their last game, 89-78. With 16 points, Jakeenan Gant put together a solid game for Louisiana. The Ragin Cajuns had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 17.3) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.566 vs. 0.492).
The last time the Colonels played, they thoroughly outplayed the Blue Mountain College Toppers, 104-68. With 14 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Roddy Peters led Nicholls in scoring. Nicholls dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 27.3) and a turnover percentage of 19.8 (worse than their season average of 17.1). Blue Mountain College was 16.3 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats.
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this contest that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Nicholls ranks 14th in possessions per game (75.1) and Louisiana is 33rd (73.4) since the 2016-17 season. Furthermore, the Ragin Cajuns rank 29th in offensive efficiency (114.0), while the Colonels rank 291st in defensive efficiency (108.6).
The Ragin Cajuns won the only contest against the Colonels last season, 101-69. The Ragin Cajuns played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.6 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7. The Colonels were 25.3 and 30.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns vs. Nicholls Colonels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ragin Cajuns rank 50th in steals per game (7.3) while the Colonels rank 222nd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Nicholls ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Louisiana ranks 168th (21.2).
- Louisiana ranks 37th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Nicholls ranks 311th (39.6).
- The Ragin Cajuns rank 75th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Colonels rank 308th (16.3).
- Nicholls ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.8) while Louisiana ranks 184th (3.0).