The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (27-6) face off against the LSU Tigers (17-14) in the NIT at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, and will air on ESPN 3.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns vs. LSU Tigers Betting Odds
Both teams lost a close one in their last game. The Tigers fell to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 80-77, while the Ragin’ Cajuns were defeated by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 71-68.
Louisiana had a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 15.9) while LSU forced Mississippi State into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 16.3). Tremont Waters played well for LSU with 28 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Bryce Washington had a solid performance for Louisiana, finishing with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the productive offense of LSU (36th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 113.3) takes on the stingy defense of Louisiana (32nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 97.8). Also, the Ragin’ Cajuns could control the offensive glass in this meeting as they rank eighth in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.8 percent. The Tigers, meanwhile, rank 287th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.8 percent).
Tremont Waters has been outstanding recently for LSU, averaging 21.4 points and 6.0 assists over the last five games.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns at LSU Tigers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Louisiana, ATS Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Over
- Louisiana ranks 26th in rebounds per game (38.9) while LSU ranks 243rd (33.5).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- LSU ranks 28th in steals per game (7.6) while Louisiana ranks 81st in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Tigers rank 238th (23.5).
- Louisiana ranks eighth in assists per game (17.6) while LSU ranks 111th (14.3).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (2.0 below their season average).