The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns (5-1) and the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (7-2) clash at Thomas Assembly Center. The Ragin Cajuns look to extend their five-game winning streak. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Ragin Cajuns last game, they easily got past the Loyola (LA) Wolfpack, 98-56. Jakeenan Gant was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-16 shooting. Louisiana played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 38.0) and a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 16.6). Loyola (LA) was 9.4 and 26.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Jackson State Tigers in their last matchup, 91-62. With 22 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Jalen Harris led Louisiana Tech in scoring. Louisiana Tech dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.411 (above their season average of 0.343) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.555). For those same stats, Jackson State had marks of 0.206 and 0.389, respectively.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s premier offenses battle. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Louisiana Tech ranks 15th with 112.1 points per 100 possessions and Louisiana is 45th (114.5).
The Ragin Cajuns won the lone contest against the Bulldogs last season, 91-83. The Ragin Cajuns played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 and a turnover percentage of 14.7. For those same stats, the Bulldogs put up marks of 0.097 and 24.0, respectively.
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana, ATS Winner – Louisiana, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. The Ragin Cajuns rank 115th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Louisiana averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 76th in the NCAA. Louisiana Tech ranks 80th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 12th in blocks per game (5.4) while Louisiana ranks 121st (3.1).
- The Ragin Cajuns average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Louisiana ranks 47th (19.1).