SBC foes will clash when the Little Rock Trojans (3-11, 0-1 SBC) clash against the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (6-5, 0-1 SBC) at Jack Stephens Center. Louisiana-Monroe opened as a 1-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 124 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Little Rock Trojans Odds Preview
In the Warhawks last game, they fell to the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 75-64. Travis Munnings had a good game for Louisiana-Monroe, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Arkansas State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (25-30; 83.3 percent). Louisiana-Monroe, on the other hand, held the Red Wolves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 31.9).
The Trojans are trying to rebound after their 77-63 loss to the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns in their last outing. Anthony Black led Little Rock in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Louisiana did a great job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent). Little Rock, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 14.8 (better than their season average of 20.4).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Little Rock ranks 283rd in possessions per game (68.1) and Louisiana-Monroe is 334th (65.9).
Of Louisiana-Monroe’s 4 games with betting action, two have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Little Rock’s 6 games have finished under the O/U total. The Warhawks hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (6-5 vs. 3-11), but the Trojans have the better against the spread (ATS) record (2-4 vs. 1-3).
Munnings has been solid over the last five games for Louisiana-Monroe, averaging 17.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Warhawks won the most recent matchup 68-52. The Warhawks played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.277 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2. For those same stats, the Trojans had marks of 0.053 and 20.0, respectively.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at Little Rock Trojans Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Little Rock, ATS Winner – Little Rock, O/U – Under
- The Warhawks rank 46th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Trojans rank 91st (6.1).
- Louisiana-Monroe is 1-3 ATS on the road with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- Little Rock is 0-2 ATS at home with 1 over and 1 under.
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Little Rock ranks 154th (36.1).
- The Warhawks rank 69th in assists per game (15.6) while the Trojans rank 165th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 118th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Little Rock ranks 177th in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- Little Rock is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Louisiana-Monroe is 0-2 ATS with 2 unders.
- The Trojans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Warhawks have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.0 points per game (5.5 below their season average).