The Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (16-15) battle against the Austin Peay Governors (18-14) in the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament at Winfield Dunn Center. The Warhawks opened as a 3.5-point underdog. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points and action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Austin Peay Governors ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Governors fell to the Belmont Bruins, 94-79, while the Warhawks were defeated by the Georgia Southern Eagles, 63-55.
Louisiana-Monroe held Georgia Southern to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.4 (below their season average of 32.1) while Austin Peay had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 17.5). Terry Taylor played well for Austin Peay with 25 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Sam McDaniel had a solid performance for Louisiana-Monroe, recording 13 points and 11 rebounds.
Austin Peay should have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Governors rank 11th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 158th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.8 percent).
Warhawks games have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (52.2 percent). Louisiana-Monroe holds records of 16-15 straight up (SU) and 11-11-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total low when the Governors are involved, as 16 of their 23 games have ended over the total. Moreover, Austin Peay is 18-14 SU and 14-14 ATS.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Austin Peay Governors Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- Austin Peay ranks 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 265th (24.2).
- The Warhawks rank 30th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Governors rank 89th (5.8).
- Austin Peay averages 13.2 assists per game, which ranks 171st in the nation. Louisiana-Monroe ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Governors rank 157th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Warhawks rank 249th (1.3).
- Austin Peay ranks 156th in rebounds per game (35.3) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 225th (33.8).
- During their last five games, the Warhawks have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Governors have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Austin Peay has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.