The Jackson State Tigers welcome the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks to Williams Center to begin the new season. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Jackson State Tigers ATS Odds
Last season, Louisiana-Monroe was unable reach the tournament following a 16-15 regular season. Jackson State also was unable make the tournament following a 12-20 regular season campaign.
The Warhawks won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 65-52. Making free throws was one of Louisiana-Monroe’s largest advantages. They were 12-15 (80.0 percent), while the Tigers were just 6-8 (75.0 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Jackson State ranked 324th in possessions per game (65.8) and Louisiana-Monroe was 293rd (67.1) last season.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Jackson State Tigers Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, ATS Winner – Louisiana-Monroe, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Jackson State ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 258th (24.2).
- The Tigers rank 45th in steals per game (7.3) while the Warhawks rank 118th (6.5).
- Jackson State ranks 198th in blocks per game (2.8) while Louisiana-Monroe ranks 269th (1.3).
- The Tigers rank 63rd in assists allowed per game (11.9) while the Warhawks rank 233rd (14.5).
- Louisiana-Monroe ranks 153rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while Jackson State ranks 267th (37.6).