To open the 2018 season, the Los Angeles Rams (-4) and the Oakland Raiders (+4) are set to square off on the grass of Oakland Coliseum. ESPN will televise the action and this Monday Night Football showdown gets underway at 10:20 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders
Oakland is a live dog in this one and is currently getting 4 points. The Rams are also receiving -170 moneyline odds while the Raiders are +150. Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 49.5 points, and on the surface it appears that this game will probably have some live betting opportunities.
The sharp action is siding with the Rams. The opening line was originally set at 1.5 while the over/under was initially 49.
When you include the postseason, the Rams were 11-6 straight-up (SU) in 2017 while the Raiders could only manage a 6-10 SU record last year. Against conference competition, the Rams were 7-5 SU and the Raiders were 5-7 SU versus American Football Conference teams. The Rams were 4-0 SU against teams out of conference while the Raiders were 1-3 SU against non-conference competition.
The Rams logged 243.3 passing yards per game and 127.3 rushing yards per game against their 12 in-conference opponents last year. They managed to put up 28.8 points per game against those opponents while giving up 22.8 per contest. When playing non-conference competition, they averaged 33.3 points and 14.0 points-allowed, along with 276.0 pass yards per game and 106.3 rush yards per contest.
Against non-conference competition, the Raiders passed for 179.0 yards per game and rushed for 102.5 per game on their way to 15.3 points per outing. When playing just AFC opponents, the offense managed 20.0 points per game by averaging 253.8 passing yards and 95.3 rushing yards. The Raiders defense allowed 20.8 PPG to non-conference foes and 24.2 to AFC teams in 2017..
Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders NFL Prediction
SU Winner: Raiders, ATS Winner: Raiders, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The Rams recorded 28 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Raiders threw for 23 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Rams created 17 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Raiders put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Rams registered 4.3 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.7 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Raiders rushed for 4.2 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 4.0 to opponents.
- The Rams offensive line yielded 28 sacks last season. Their defense created 48 sacks.
- The Raiders O-line allowed 24 sacks last year. Their defense generated 31 sacks.