Pacific Division foes will collide when the Los Angeles Clippers (7-11) meet the Los Angeles Lakers (8-11) at Staples Center. The Clippers are 4.5-point favorites on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215 points. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017, and it can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Preview
The Lakers fell to the Sacramento Kings in their last matchup, 113-102. The Lakers Lonzo Ball contributed 11 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds in the contest. The Kings had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3 (above their season average of 20.3). The Lakers, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.115 vs. 0.106).
In the Clippers last matchup, they defeated the Sacramento Kings, 97-95. The Clippers received a boost from Blake Griffin, who was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 13-for-25 shooting. The Clippers made 12 of their 13 free throws (92.3 percent), while the Kings had a turnover percentage of 17.1 (above their season average of 13.0).
Of the Lakers 19 games, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of the Clippers 18 games have finished under the projected point total. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (8-11 for the Lakers; 7-11 for the Clippers), but the Lakers have the edge against the spread (ATS). They are 9-10 ATS, while the Clippers are 7-11.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been playing at a high level over the last five games for the Lakers, averaging 15.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 200 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 219.5. The Clippers won 108-92, covering as 6-point favorites. The Clippers played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.8. The Lakers recorded marks of 15.8 and 22.2, respectively, for those same stats. Griffin recorded a double-double with 29 points and 12 rebounds.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers average 13.8 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. The Lakers rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- The Clippers average 18.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Lakers rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.8).
- The Lakers rank 12th in assists per game (22.7) while the Clippers rank 26th (20.4).
- The Lakers rank 14th in steals per game (8.1) while the Clippers rank 24th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Lakers are 8-5 when they reach 100 points, while the Clippers are 6-8.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Clippers 8 home games, while 5 of the Lakers 8 road games have gone under.
- The Clippers are 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, the Lakers are 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Clippers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (5.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).