The Denver Nuggets (12-9) can continue a six-game home winning streak when they take on the Los Angeles Lakers (8-13) at Pepsi Center. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017, and it can be seen on Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets Odds Preview
The last time the Lakers played, they lost to the Golden State Warriors, 127-123. Brandon Ingram had a solid game for Los Angeles, leading both teams in scoring with 32 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Golden State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (above their season average of 21.7). Los Angeles, on the other hand, forced the Warriors into a turnover percentage of 17.1 (above the 13.3 mark opponents have averaged against Los Angeles this season).
The Nuggets come in on a high note after just getting past the Chicago Bulls in their last contest, 111-110. Denver was lifted by Will Barton, who was the games leading scorer with 37 points on 13-for-19 shooting. The Nuggets knocked down 23 of their 31 free throws (74.2 percent) and held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below the 22.3 mark opponents have averaged against Denver this season).
Denver should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Nuggets currently rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 percent), while Los Angeles ranks 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.5 percent). Moreover, the Lakers rank 22nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.189), while the Nuggets rank second in opponents FTA rate (0.158).
Of Los Angeles 21 games, 11 have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Denver’s 21 games have finished under the projected point total. The Nuggets hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (12-9 vs. 8-13), but the Lakers have been superior against the spread (ATS) (10-11 vs. 8-13).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Lakers, it’s been Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who has averaged 19.6 points and 2.4 steals, while the Nuggets have gotten solid contributions from Gary Harris (17.2 points and 2.2 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 236 points, which was over the projected point total of 223. The Lakers won 127-109, covering as 5-point underdogs. The Lakers 12.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Nuggets, who had a mark of 17.4. Lonzo Ball put up a triple-double in the victory, with 11 points, 16 rebounds and 11 assists.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank third in fast break points per game (14.7) while the Lakers rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (11.8).
- Denver averages 18.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 13th in the league. Los Angeles ranks 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.2).
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in steals per game (8.3) while Denver ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- Denver ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while Los Angeles ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.5).
- On the road, Los Angeles is 3-6 ATS with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Denver is 6-5 ATS with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- Los Angeles is 4-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Denver is 5-1.
- The Nuggets are 10-4 when they score more than 100 points, while the Lakers are 8-7.
- The Lakers rank third in blocks per game (5.9) while the Nuggets rank 17th (4.5).
- Denver averages 16.2 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the league. Los Angeles ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while the Lakers rank 25th (46.4).
- The Lakers rank 11th in assists per game (23.1) while the Nuggets rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- Denver ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (48.7) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.9).
- Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Nuggets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 114.0 points per game (7.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.6 points per game (3.9 above their season average).