The Los Angeles Lakers (8-15) head to Wells Fargo Center to square off with the Philadelphia 76ers (13-10). The Lakers will try to snap their five-game losing streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221 points with Philadelphia opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017, and it can be seen on TNT.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
The last time the Lakers played, they lost big to the Houston Rockets, 118-95. With 22 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Kyle Kuzma was Los Angeles high scorer. Houston held the Lakers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.435 (below their season average of 0.505). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-30; 73.3 percent).
The 76ers are trying to rebound after their 115-101 loss to the Phoenix Suns in their last matchup. With 22 points and 12 rebounds, Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid put together a good game. Phoenix’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Philadelphia. The Suns had a rate of 9.8 (better than their season average of 13.6), while the 76ers posted a mark of 12.5.
There could be plenty of transition offense in this contest that showcases two of the NBA’s more fast-paced teams. Philadelphia currently ranks fourth in possessions per game (103.3) and Los Angeles is first (105.8).
Of Los Angeles 23 games, 12 have finished under the O/U total, while 12 of Philadelphia’s 23 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a substantial advantage. They are 13-10 SU and 15-8 ATS, while the Lakers are 8-15 SU and 10-13 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Lakers, it’s been Brandon Ingram, who has averaged 19.6 points and 1.2 blocks, while the 76ers have gotten great contributions from Dario Saric (17.6 points and 8.4 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 224 points, just over the projected point total of 221. The 76ers won 115-109, covering as 3.5-point favorites. Philadelphia did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (24-30; 80.0 percent). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (6.9 vs. 13.9). Embiid recorded a double-double with 46 points and 15 rebounds.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 15.2 second chance points per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Lakers rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Philadelphia ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (20.0).
- Philadelphia ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (46.7) while Los Angeles ranks 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.4).
- Los Angeles averages 26.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 20th in the NBA. Philadelphia ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.6).
- Los Angeles is 3-7 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 8-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 7 of the 76ers 12 home games, while 6 of the Lakers 10 road games have gone under.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Philadelphia is 4-0 and Los Angeles is 4-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Lakers are 8-8 and the 76ers are 12-6.
- The 76ers rank eighth in steals per game (8.4) while the Lakers rank 26th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Los Angeles averages 5.7 blocks per game, which ranks third in the league. Philadelphia ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- The Lakers rank second in fast break points per game (15.3) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.6).
- The 76ers rank third in assists per game (25.5) while the Lakers rank 14th (22.7).
- Philadelphia averages 49.3 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.0).
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Philadelphia has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 107.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.6 points per game (9.3 above their season average).