The Los Angeles Lakers (31-40) will travel to FedExForum to square off against the Memphis Grizzlies (19-53). The Grizzlies opened as 4.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 217 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Los Angeles Lakers at Memphis Grizzlies Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Grizzlies got blown out by the Charlotte Hornets, 140-79, while the Lakers lost a tough one against the New Orleans Pelicans, 128-125.
Los Angeles did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-28; 78.6 percent) while Memphis did a great job of converting from the free throw line (15-21; 71.4 percent). Memphis was lifted by Tyreke Evans, who had 16 points and seven rebounds. Julius Randle, meanwhile played well for Los Angeles, contributing 23 points and 10 rebounds.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this matchup. Los Angeles has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (first in possessions per game), while Memphis has been slower-paced (30th in possessions per game).
Lakers games have a slight tendency to finish over the total (53.5 percent). Los Angeles heads into the contest with records of 31-40 straight up (SU) and 37-33-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Los Angeles, games featuring the Grizzlies have a slight tendency to go under the O/U total (54.2 percent). Moreover, Memphis is 19-53 SU and 29-40-3 ATS.
Randle and Brook Lopez have played at a high level over the last five games for Los Angeles. Randle has averaged 26.0 points, 11.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game, while Lopez has put up 20.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks a game during that span.
The Grizzlies lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined to score 237 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 204. Memphis won 123-114, covering as a 4-point favorite. Memphis did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (29-34; 85.3 percent). Los Angeles, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 15.7). Kentavious Caldwell-Pope scored a game-high 27 points.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Memphis Grizzlies Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Under
- The Lakers average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Grizzlies rank 21st in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Memphis ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.7) while Los Angeles ranks last (49.0).
- The Lakers rank second in second chance points per game (14.5) while the Grizzlies rank 21st (11.5).
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in assists per game (23.8) while Memphis ranks 26th (21.4).
- Memphis ranks 11th in points off turnovers per game (16.8) while Los Angeles ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.5).
- The Lakers rank second in rebounds per game (46.3) while the Grizzlies rank 28th (40.7).
- The Grizzlies rank 11th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Lakers rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Los Angeles ranks second in fast break points per game (17.3) while Memphis ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (14.0).
- Los Angeles is 11-4 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Memphis is 12-11.
- The Lakers are 28-26 when they score more than 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 14-22.
- Los Angeles is 18-18-1 ATS on the road, while Memphis is 15-21-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 21 of the Lakers 37 road games, while 24 of the Grizzlies 37 home games have gone under.
- The Grizzlies are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Lakers are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Memphis has 4 overs and 1 under, while Los Angeles has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 102.0 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.4 points per game (11.5 above their season average).
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.6 for the season.