It will be a showdown between two outstanding offenses when the Sacramento Kings (7-5), 5.5-point underdogs, square off against the Los Angeles Lakers (5-6) at Golden 1 Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 240 points and action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Los Angeles Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
The Kings hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Minnesota Timberwolves in their last outing, 121-110, as 8.5-point underdogs. The Lakers, on the other hand, defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 114-110, but were unable to cover as 6-point favorites. The Sacramento game finished 1.5 points under the projected point total of 232.5, while the Los Angeles game finished 15 points under the projected point total of 239.
Los Angeles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.121 (below their season average of 0.176) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 21.5). Minnesota had marks of 0.088 and 23.9, respectively, for those same stats. The Kings, on the other hand, forced 17 turnovers and held the Timberwolves to an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 (below the 0.536 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season). Sacramento was lifted by De’Aaron Fox, who contributed 16 points and 10 assists. Meanwhile, LeBron James fueled Los Angeles with 24 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their four games last season. The Kings won the last matchup 84-83. The Kings’ 9.2 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Lakers, who had a rate of 14.0. This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Lakers games have gone over the total 54.5 percent of the time. Los Angeles heads into the game with records of 5-6 straight up (SU) and 3-8 against the spread (ATS).
Kings games have typically gone over the O/U total (63.6 percent). Additionally, Sacramento owns records of 7-5 SU and 7-4 ATS.
Buddy Hield has really been playing well as of late for Sacramento, averaging 23.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.6 assists over the last five games.
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that features a pair of the league’s more fast-breaking teams. Sacramento currently ranks third in possessions per game (107.3) and Los Angeles is first (108.6). Moreover, the Lakers rank 21st in turnover percentage (14.1 percent), while the Kings rank fifth in opponents’ turnover percentage (15.5 percent).
Los Angeles Lakers at Sacramento Kings Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Lakers rank 15th in three pointers allowed per game (31.4) while the Kings rank 25th (36.3).
- Los Angeles averages 23.5 fast break points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 27th in fast break points allowed per game (16.8).
- The Kings rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (21.0) while the Lakers rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 12th in second chance points per game (13.9) while Sacramento ranks 25th in second chance points allowed per game (15.8).
- Los Angeles averages 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Sacramento ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.7).
- The Lakers rank first in points in the paint per game (60.2) while the Kings rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (54.0).
- The Lakers rank fifth in steals per game (8.6) while the Kings rank 17th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Los Angeles ranks 17th in rebounds per game (44.6) while Sacramento ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (49.3).
- Los Angeles averages 26.2 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Sacramento ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- Sacramento is 2-0 when they allow below 100 points.
- The Kings are 6-5 when they score above 100 points, while the Lakers are 5-6.
- Los Angeles is 2-3 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Kings’ 4 home games, while 3 of the Lakers’ 5 road games have gone over.
- The Kings are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Lakers are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Sacramento has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Los Angeles has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Kings have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Sacramento has lost by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Lakers have scored an average of 113.8 points per game (4.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 115.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).