Gila River Arena is playing host a Pacific Division matchup as the Los Angeles Kings face off against the Arizona Coyotes. The matchup will get underway at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, and fans at home can view it live on Fox Arizona Plus.
Los Angeles Kings vs. Arizona Coyotes Odds
Los Angeles is 38-31 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 2.1 units this season. 34 of its matches have gone under the total, while 31 have gone over and just three have pushed. As a road team this season, the Kings are 20-15 SU.
Los Angeles has converted on 20.1 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, it has the second-best penalty kill in the league, and it has successfully killed off 84.1 percent of its penalties.
Los Angeles, as a collective unit, has been called for penalties 4.0 times per game this season, and 3.4 per game over its last five on the road. The team’s been forced to stave off opponent power plays just 7.2 minutes per game over their last 10 outings.
Boasting a .922 save percentage and 27.4 saves per game, Jonathan Quick (27-27-2) has been the top option in goal for Los Angeles this year. Quick did just play last night, however, so head coach John Stevens may choose to rest him and instead turn to Darcy Kuemper (10-9-3 record, .932 save percentage, 2.10 goals against average).
Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty will both lead the way for the visiting Kings. Kopitar has 75 points on 28 goals and 47 assists, and has recorded two or more points 21 times. Doughty has nine goals and 37 assists to his name (and has notched a point in 35 games).
Arizona is 22-46 straight up (SU) and has lost 17.8 units for moneyline bettors thus far. 36 of its outings have gone under the total, while 31 have gone over and just one has pushed. It’s 13-22 SU as the home team this season.
Arizona has converted on just 16.3 percent of its power play chances this year, a mark that’s ranked 26th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 20th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 79.6 percent of all opponent power plays.
Arizona players have been whistled for penalties only 3.3 times per game in total this season, 3.4 per game over their last five match ups total, and 2.8 per game over their last five home outings. The team has had to defend opponent power plays just 5.6 minutes per game over their last five home outings.
Antti Raanta has stopped 26.8 shots per game as the primary netminder in goal for Arizona. Raanta has 16 wins, 23 losses, and six OT losses to his name and has registered a 2.43 goals against average and a .924 save percentage this year.
The home team will be led on offense by Clayton Keller (18 goals, 31 assists).
Los Angeles Kings at Arizona Coyotes Betting Predictions
Free Pick: SU Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The total has gone under in three of Arizona’s last five games.
- Power plays and penalty kills may have a critical role in the outcome of this one. The Kings are 13-9 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 25-15 when they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes. The Coyotes are 10-19 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 16-33 when their penalty minutes are in the single digits.
- Arizona (1-5 in shootouts) has more experience this season in games decided by shootout. Los Angeles, however, emerged victorious in both of its shootouts this year.
- Arizona skaters have averaged 4.8 takeaways per game over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 5.1 takeaways per game (ranked 30th in the league).
- Los Angeles skaters have averaged 6.8 takeaways per game over its last five road games, an improvement over its season average of 5.0 takeaways per game (ranked 32nd).