The Washington Wizards (15-13) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they clash against the Los Angeles Clippers (11-15). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 209 points with Washington opening as a 9.5-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 15, 2017, and it can be seen on FSN Prime Ticket.
Los Angeles Clippers at Washington Wizards ATS Preview
The Clippers defeated the Orlando Magic in their last matchup, 106-95. With 16 points and 20 rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had a solid outing for Los Angeles. Los Angeles dominated every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 13.2) and a free throw rate of 0.182 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Orlando had marks of 11.0 and 0.136, respectively.
In the Wizards last matchup, they topped the Memphis Grizzlies, 93-87. Washington received a boost from Bradley Beal, who led the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Wizards held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.444 (below their season average of 0.504) and had a better turnover percentage (14.6 vs. 16.2).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Washington should have a significant advantage. The Wizards defense ranks seventh in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509), while the Los Angeles offense is ranked 17th in effective field goal percentage (0.512).
Of Los Angeles 26 games, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 19 of Washington’s 28 games have finished under the O/U total.
The Wizards have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (15-13 vs. 11-15) and a narrow edge against the spread (ATS) (14-14 vs. 12-14).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Clippers, it’s been Jordan, who has averaged 16.8 rebounds, 13.8 points and 1.4 blocks, while the Wizards have gotten solid contributions from Beal (29.8 points).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 225 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 205.5. The Clippers won 113-112, covering as 2-point underdogs. Los Angeles did a great job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent). Washington, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (23.7 vs. 10.3). Williams scored a game-high 35 points.
Los Angeles Clippers at Washington Wizards ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Under
- The Clippers average 45.9 points in the paint per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Wizards rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.1).
- Washington ranks 19th in assists per game (22.1) while Los Angeles ranks 25th (20.5).
- Washington ranks 15th in fast break points per game (10.1) while Los Angeles ranks 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- On the road, Los Angeles is 6-7 ATS with 8 unders and 5 overs.
- Washington is 4-8 ATS at home with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Washington is 12-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 7-1.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Clippers are 9-11 and the Wizards are 12-7.
- The Clippers rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.4) while the Wizards rank 21st in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Washington ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (8.4).
- The Clippers average 13.8 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Wizards rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Washington averages 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Washington is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wizards average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 105.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average).