The Philadelphia 76ers (27-25) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they challenge the Los Angeles Clippers (28-25) at Wells Fargo Center. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Los Angeles Clippers vs. Philadelphia 76ers ATS Preview
In the Clippers last contest, they beat the Detroit Pistons, 108-95. Lou Williams was the games high scorer with 26 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Los Angeles dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 29.8 (above their season average of 22.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.516 (below their season average of 0.523). Detroit was 14.0 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats.
The 76ers come in on a high note after blowing out the New Orleans Pelicans in their last outing, 100-82. Philadelphia was lifted by Joel Embiid, who finished with 24 points and 16 rebounds. Philadelphia played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.495 (below their season average of 0.526) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.4 (below their season average of 25.8). New Orleans was 0.389 and 13.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Look for Philadelphia to own the offensive glass in this meeting. The 76ers are among the leagues elite on the offensive glass, ranking third in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.6 percent. Meanwhile, Los Angeles ranks 28th in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.7 percent. Moreover, the Clippers are among the NBA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking fifth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.223). The 76ers, meanhwile, rank 29th in opponents FTA rate (0.230).
Of Los Angeles 52 games with betting action, 27 have finished over the O/U total, while 27 of Philadelphia’s 51 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Clippers are 28-25 SU and 28-23-1 ATS, while the 76ers are 27-25 SU and 28-23 ATS.
Dario Saric has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 16.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 214 points, which was under the projected point total of 224. The 76ers won 109-105, covering as 2-point underdogs. The 76ers played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.338. For those same stats, the Clippers recorded marks of 18.0 and 0.256, respectively. Despite the loss, Williams was a top performer in the game with 31 points, seven rebounds and six assists.
Los Angeles Clippers at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers average 25.4 assists per game, which ranks third in the league. The Clippers rank 20th in assists allowed per game (23.6).
- Los Angeles averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the league. Philadelphia ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Philadelphia ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (29.6).
- On the road, Los Angeles is 14-9-1 ATS with 12 overs and 12 unders.
- At home, Philadelphia is 15-8 ATS with 12 unders and 11 overs.
- Philadelphia is 11-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Los Angeles is 11-2.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the 76ers are 24-16 and the Clippers are 26-17.
- The Clippers average 16.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. The 76ers rank last in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.3).
- Philadelphia averages 47.0 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. Los Angeles ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- The 76ers rank eighth in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while the Clippers rank 28th (14.3).
- The 76ers rank third in points allowed in the paint per game (41.3) while the Clippers rank ninth (42.5).
- Philadelphia ranks fifth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Philadelphia is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Clippers have scored an average of 106.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (5.6 below their season average).